Sunday 16 July 2017

Weight to lose

The biggest place I can lose weight is off myself.
I can lose the entire weight of the bike and still only be at the low end of "normal".

But apart from that, where could I save a bit off the bike?



The front dynamo costs me about 500g.
I could lose the 11t, and just replace it with a spacer.
A 7075 ally 32t cog from Miche could replace the steel one from SRAM.

Not even sure what my seat weighs.
With steel rails, it could be lighter if I got something with
fancier rails.

Steel bars can be replaced with aluminium

Just how long is that seat post?
If there is plenty in the frame, I could cut an inch or two
off the bottom of the seatpost.

Adjustable reach steering. A simple, fixed, arrangement should be lighter.

How wide are the bars? Would bars a bit narrower be lighter, and do the job just as well!
Shorter cranks out to be lighter.
These are 175s, soon to be replaced with similar 160s.
Chainrings are 48 (alu), 34 steel, and 26 steel.
Replacing that 34 with an aluminium ring should save a bit.
The steel 26 will probably be replaced by a (presumably lighter!) steel 24.
The ally 48t, I'm not sure about. I might replace it with an ally 46t or just leave it as it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment